The Young Professional Board (YPB) supports the overall mission and programs of The Women’s Safe House (TWSH). The mission of The Women’s Safe House is to provide safe shelter and transitional living services to battered women and their dependent children and to empower women to make informed choices about their future.
YPB members are ambitious individuals, 20-40 years of age, who are dedicated to advancing the efforts of TWSH through fundraisers, volunteer opportunities, advocacy, and networking events.
Join the Young Professionals Board
Meetings are held monthly, and we encourage anyone that is interested to attend a meeting prior to committing. To be considered for membership or to attend a meeting, please fill out the form below and you will be contacted by a Board Member.
Become a Friend of the Young Professionals Board
If you are interested in volunteering and networking with the YPB but are not interested in joining the board, you can become a Friend of the YPB. This means you will be added to our contact list and receive all event information. You can decide your own personal level of involvement. Follow our Facebook page to get notifications of our upcoming events.
By joining the Young Professionals Board, you have a chance to become the next generation of leaders to help TWSH achieve its mission. You will have the opportunity to plan and attend fundraisers, advocate for TWSH and attend networking events. Members of YPB are actively involved in making a lasting difference in ending violence against women.
Benefits of Membership
- Professional and leadership development opportunities through committee and event chairmanship
- Exclusive volunteer opportunities
- Member name and business listing on all YPB printed collateral and on the TWSH website
- Donor and Board recognition in the TWSH Annual Report
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the nonprofit sector
- Network with other young professionals in St. Louis and have fun in a meaningful way!
- Set/Achieve Personal fundraising goals
- Attend monthly Young Professional Board meetings
- Volunteer at one fundraising event for The Women’s Safe House
- Advocate for The Women’s Safe House
How to Join
To become a member of the YPG, please fill out the form below and a Board Member will contact you.
President: Jill Gross
Treasurer: Burgandy Bonser
Secretary: Genevieve Bill