Data Services Coordinator
Data Services Coordinator
Reports To: Compliance/Supervisor on Duty
The Data Services Coordinator is primarily responsible for maintaining our client database. Additionally, this role will troubleshoot and handle onsite support for the organization. Must be detail candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to review operational procedures to maximize efficiency.
Description of Duties:
- The Data Services Coordinator will be manipulating information and providing reports necessary for shelter operations as well as invoice and grant usage.
- Regularly coordinates with program staff to ensure timeliness and quality of data collection.
- Responsible for collecting, compiling and reporting data collected during the Residential Intake process (e.g., lethality assessments, etc.).
- Serves as a member of TWSH’s data collection team per the organization’s Evaluation Procedure. Partners with compliance to conduct data audits to ensure database integrity.
- Assists in the training of other staff and volunteers on some processes related to the collection, compilation and reporting of Residential data.
- Responsible for basic onsite IT for staff and residents. This may include equipment setup/moves and accessory replacement. As necessary, escalate and coordinate more complicated IT matters with our IT Help Desk.
- Store, maintain and track issuance of portable devices (laptops, tablets, projector, web cam, etc.); maintain server room; coordinate destruction of obsolete/inoperable equipment with our IT Help Desk; create/update user guides as needed.
- Internal staff telephone management to include: maintenance of staff voicemail boxes, troubleshoot issues; handle equipment moves/replacements; maintenance calls; aid in project to replace phone system; maintain employee phone list, create/maintain user guides.
- May assist with the crisis intervention line, as needed.
- Assist with special projects, as required.
- Provides other duties as assigned related to the Shelter and supporting survivors/their dependent children in a trauma-informed manner.
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or relevant field and/or equivalent working experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience working extensively with computer programs and reporting. Applicants with 3-5 years of clerical/secretarial work will be considered.
- Microsoft Office competency required, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience within nonprofit is highly desired.
- Must be attentive to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Must have familiarity with or the ability to quickly learn a client database (Apricot Case Management Database).
- Must adhere to TWSH policies, procedures, and standards including, but not limited to,
confidentiality assisting victims of crime and similar practices.
- A deep appreciation and understanding of the issues of trauma and domestic violence.
- Scheduling flexibility; able to work some holidays and other shifts as needed.
- High levels of empathy and comfort working with persons experiencing domestic violence.
- High level of comfort and flexibility providing support and advocacy to people experiencing
- Willingness and ability to convey warmth, compassion, respect and non judgment to people
experiencing domestic violence.
- A commitment to answer the Crisis Intervention Hotline, on average, two hours per week.
- Ability to adhere to safety policies, procedures and practices including, but not limited to wearing
rubber sole shoes when lifting and carrying items.
- Must have own reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
Working and Physical Conditions:
- The Data Services Coordinator will work within an organization serving women and children residing in a domestic violence shelter (confidential location).
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must wear rubber sole shoes when lifting and carrying items.
- The Women’s Safe House is the oldest and largest provider of emergency services to women and children experiencing domestic violence. We also work with women and families experiencing sexual assault, stalking and human trafficking. The Women’s Safe House is a 24-hour facility. We are an active member of the State of Missouri and National Coalitions Against Domestic and Sexual Violence.
- The Women’s Safe House is an equal opportunity employer.
To print job description Data Services Coordinator
For more information or to apply, please contact Amanda Middleton, Director of Human Resources and Employee Relations, at (314) 772-4535 ext. 127, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.