We are seeking college students and recent graduates ages 18 and older interested in volunteering in exchange for academic credit, service project hours, and/or resume-building work experience. We work with many local college and universities to provide a quality service learning experience for those in many different areas of study. Non-credit seeking volunteers also welcome.
Please note: most direct service intern/volunteer positions require a full year commitment, regardless of your school’s requirements.
Activities for Undergraduate Students:
- Complete crisis intervention, trauma informed care, domestic violence training
- Answer the crisis line
- Advocate for clients
- Co-facilitate adult support groups
- Administer and score standardized tests
- Help with special projects like fundraising, PR, and marketing
Activities for Graduate Students:
- All above activities, plus,
- Conduct individual assessments
- Focused Internships available for AfterCare Program, Research, Management, and/or Non-Profit Development
- We are not able to accommodate practicum students requiring a licensed supervisor.
We are currently accepting application Crisis Intervention Hotline interns. The hours available are Monday through Friday 4:00 pm to 12:00 am. Please note that all internship opportunities are unpaid.
For Inquires, contact: Yolanda Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (314) 772-4535 ext. 102.