Reports To: Director of Residential Services
Description of Duties:
- Provide primary coverage of the shelter facility evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Primary service provider and intake worker to residents of the shelter during shifts.
- Serve as back-up to crisis callers when Hotline Coordinator is on-site.
- Serve as primary respondent to crisis callers when Hotline Coordinator is not present.
- Facilitate evening groups including community living group as assigned.
- May conduct intake of children as needed.
- Document information from group and individual advocacy sessions.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and staff training.
- Assist in training and supervision of volunteers and Practicum students.
- Support agency policies, procedures and other staff.
- Represent agency in coalition building and advocacy of clients.
- Clean rooms and pack resident belongings as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Requirements and Skills:
- High School Diploma, Associate Degree preferred and/or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of domestic violence and empowerment of women.
- Direct services, advocacy, supervision, and crisis intervention experience.
- Experience in writing progress notes.
- Comfort using computers.
- Respect for diversity.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and insurance.